Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracing reveals characteristics of those with cases
We knew they had this info, but they aren't telling the public...

Some news organizations were able to get information of where "outbreaks" were in San Diego County. An "outbreak" is defined as where 3 or more unrelated cases reported being at the same location in the 2 weeks before getting infected.  This doesn't mean they got infected at these places, or that the places are doing anything unsafe.  But it does indicate to me something about the lifestyles of those getting infected.

I'm not going to rehash the info from the 3 part report.  Check it out yourself.

Unfortunately there is no way to know if (say) restaurant visits, health care facilities, etc. are more common in those that got infected (listed here) versus the general population.  So it is impossible to say whether people that get sick were at some kinds of places more or less often, indicating whether such places may be more likely to be involved in the spread or not.

Of interest is the letter from the County Commissioners trying to squelch the publication of the information.  I would bet that SCC commissioners are sitting on this information for SCC.

They also link to a report from Oregon that gives statewide information of cases in a variety of settings for the latest week (congregate living places, workplaces, child care, K-12 schools).  Of interest to me is the inclusion of cases at schools.  Remember, these numbers are new cases within one week.

There is a mention of similar information from Los Angeles County, but I didn't chase it down.