Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Phase 1A, 1B & 1C vaccination guidelines
Gov. Newsom announced changes on Monday Jan 4 to who is in phase 1B and 1C in California. (I missed these changes until Saturday) Primarily this accelerated the older population relative to some of the essential workers. For the older groups, the requirement for co-morbidities was dropped.

Community Vaccine Advisory Committee's latest meeting was January 6 (3 hr video [www.youtube.com]/watch?v=yjIf6iowt3o  See 31:30;  slide deck).  This shows the changed recommendations for phase 1B and 1C.  These are now posted at the CDPH.

Public Comment can be submitted here:  COVID19VaccineOutreach@cdph.ca.gov

The next meeting is January 20 (every 2 weeks).

Note that California phase 1B Tier One is basically equal to CDC phase 1B, while California phase 1B Tier Two is mostly similar to CDC phase 1C (as adopted Dec. 22 by CDC) except for adding prisoners & homeless.    Hmm..... perhaps renamed to sound like they are doing it faster?

I'm adding population counts (from Dec. 23 meeting slides).  For the work sectors, not all are at risk of exposure, but the number is the estimated total size in California. I'm adding my estimates of dates for first doses based on my understanding of expected ship dates (OWS schedule),

1A:  (~2.5M; cumulative 2.5M; Dec - late Jan 1st doses (vaccination dates, not distribution dates). Jan. 10: 2.3M distributed to CA)
  • Healthcare workers
  • LTCF residents
1B Tier One:  (<8.5M;  cumulative 11M; mid Jan - late Feb 1st doses)
  • Individuals 75 and older (2.6M)
  • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: education & childcare (1.4M), emergency services (1.1M), and food and agriculture (3.4M)
1B Tier Two: (<7.5M; cumulative 18.5M; late Feb - late Apr? 1st doses (hole in March))
  • Individuals 65 -74 years of age (2.5M+1.0M)
  • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: transportation and logistics(1.1M); industrial, commercial, residential, and sheltering facilities and services (2.1M); critical manufacturing (0.5M)
  • Congregate settings with outbreak risk: incarcerated(0.2M) and homeless (0.1M)
1C:  (13M??; cumulative 31.5M???;  Currently only about 25M first doses purchased for California )
  • Individuals 50-64 years of age (?)
  • People 16-49 years of age and have an underlying health condition or disability which increases their risk of severe COVID-19 (<10.0M?)
  • Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors: water and wastewater(0.02M); defense (0.06M); energy(0.1M); chemical and hazardous materials (0.2M?); communications and IT (0.3M); financial services (0.6M); government operations / community-based essential functions (0.9M)

Messages In This Thread
RE: California Phase 1A & 1B vaccination guidelines - by M_T - 01-10-2021, 03:24 AM