Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major US changes in distribution
HHS Secretary Azar announced some major changes to vaccine distribution today:
(I haven't yet watched the press conference.  I may update this posting after I do)

1. On (last) Sunday, all the reserved second doses were released to the jurisdictions.  I don't know whether these are intended to be used as first doses, or held by the jurisdictions for 2nd doses, or whether it is up to the states.  I suspect that the jurisdictions were given the option of asking for them to be delivered rather than having them show up in a shipment.

2. In an effort to accelerate administration, allocation wil begin to be based on how quickly delivered shots are being reported as administered AND how many 65+ people are in the jurisdiction.  The change in allocation begins in 2 weeks.

3. The US government (CDC & HHS) has now said that the states should immediately start vaccinating everyone 65+ and anyone with certain co-morbidities. (Co-morbidity requires medical documentation.)

4. Federal community health centers and the pharmacies (14 chains) are now authorized to start vaccinating the public.

Messages In This Thread
Major US changes in distribution - by M_T - 01-12-2021, 12:54 PM
RE: Major US changes in distribution - by M_T - 01-12-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: Major US changes in distribution - by M_T - 01-12-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Major US changes in distribution - by M_T - 01-15-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: Major US changes in distribution - by M_T - 01-16-2021, 03:02 PM