Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California lifts regional stay-at-home despite 0% ICU availability
The governor of California announced it was lifting the Regional Stay-at-Home Order that was triggered when ICU capacity in various regions went below 15%.

According to the state's website, ICU availability statewide is 0.0%.  The regions are:
  Southern California:  0.0%
  San Joaquin Valley: 0.0%
  Bay Area: 8.2%
  Sacramento: 9.9%
  Northern California: 47.9%
(01-25-2021, 01:40 PM)M_T Wrote: The governor of California announced it was lifting the Regional Stay-at-Home Order that was triggered when ICU capacity in various regions went below 15%.

According to the state's website, ICU availability statewide is 0.0%.  The regions are:
  Southern California:  0.0%
  San Joaquin Valley: 0.0%
  Bay Area: 8.2%
  Sacramento: 9.9%
  Northern California: 47.9%
No, didn't you listen to the Gov? It's projected ICU capacity a month from now that's important. That's the key metric this week! Actually, the only metric the Gov's concerned with is the total number of signatures on the recall petition, and it's getting close to the magic number necessary for the June ballot.
I was right! Here are his new metrics for reopening. . . .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...220&type=3
Hospitalizations and ICU usage have been in a pretty steep decline for past two weeks. Our overlow ICU is probably going to close this week.

So the trends are favorable and probably reflective of pretty low community transmission.

I think we've seen the worst of it now, but I also didn't think it would ever get as bad as it did, so who knows. Still, with ~30% immune from prior infection, especially with those being disproportionately in the group of people most socially active, and the vaccination rates ticking up every day, I am optimistic that our steep decline will be pretty sustainable as long as masks are widely used and reopening is gradual.