Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doses at the time of CDC mask decision
The CDC indicates that 120M are fully vaccinated, 155M have at least one dose.
268M doses have been administered and 342 doses have been delivered.

I looked back... President Trump had ordered 200M Pfizer and 200M Moderna doses by Dec. 23.

I don't know when the J&J doses were ordered.  Apparently the US also ordered AZ doses (some of which have been sent to Mexico).

I have no issue with the purchase of additional doses, esp. if they can be delivered as booster shots for new variants.

The CDC guidance on the fully vaccinated.

(Who believes those that have opted not to be vaccinated are going to opt to wear masks??  
Who is going to ask those without masks for proof of vaccination?)
As far as I can tell, US has made the following deals for vaccine:

Pfizer: In July 2020, U.S. entered into contract with Pfizer for up to 600 million doses, placing an initial order of 100 million. In December, another 100 million doses were ordered. In February, another 100 million doses were ordered.

Moderna: In August 2020, the US entered into a contract for up to 500 million doses, placing an initial order of 100 million doses. In December, another 100 million doses were order, In February, U.S. ordered another 100 million doses.

Jannssen: In August 2020, the U.S. entered into a deal for up to 300 million doses, placing an initial order of 100 million doses. In March 2021, administration announced plans to order another 100 million doses. I'm not sure whether this has happened.

AstraZeneca: In May 2020, US contracted for 300 million doses. Not clear how this was structured between firm contract and options. The wording of news stories suggests the deal is all firm. In March, US announced it would send 4 million doses to Mexico and Canada. In April, US announced it would share 60 million doses with other countries as soon as they become available.
Thanks for the details!